Having supportive stakeholders is key in a project’s success. While you might initially have a strong foundation for your project effort’s, communication gaps between stakeholders and the other parties on a project can cause delays and overruns, costing you time and money. Poor visibility from a stakeholder perspective is often a major culprit in why projects fail to meet budgets and timeframes.
Why are Stakeholders So Important in Construction?
Stakeholders are the heartbeat of any construction project. They’re the ones actively involved with projects, and have something to gain or lose as a result of the project’s success. Many times, there are more than one stakeholder on a project – more stakeholders mean more stress, as well as makes your project more complex. Stakeholders agreeing (or disagreeing!) on a project further influences a project’s complexity.
Building strong, trusting relationships between all parties on a construction project from the start can make the difference between project success and failure.
Advantages of Full Stakeholder Visibility
Keeping stakeholders involved and informed helps with the overall success of as project. In order to do this, full stakeholder visibility is a necessity. DrawAlert, a Construction Administration Software, promotes transparency between all parties, and offers up full visibility to stakeholders on a construction project. End-to-end transparency using DrawAlert is an advantage to stakeholders because it:
- Enhances communication between all members of the team, ensuring successful project completions.
- Tracks work in one place so everyone can see daily reports and stay on top of a project.
- Offers transparency between all parties on a project, encouraging a professional and respectful business relationship between all stakeholders.
- Allows access to the DrawAlert online portal, promoting collaboration for all.
- Provides a standardized document repository for all project data.
- Offers real-time communication tools for all parties in one spot – no more faxes, emails, and paperwork!
- Reduces risk often associated with construction projects.
- Improves the navigation of key information so all parties have access to project details.
- Enforces compliance on items like warranties with automatic notifications.
- Helps with the creation and expectation of customer needs.
Promote Stakeholder Visibility with DrawAlert
Full stakeholder visibility is the key to successful project completions. From defining success to keeping stakeholders involved and informed, DrawAlert encourages full stakeholder visibility on construction projects. Support efficiencies on your next project with DrawAlert, and experience end-to-end transparency that can help you save time, reduce costs, and improve results in the field.
Do you want to learn more about the advantages of stakeholder visibility on construction projects? Head to the AEC Next Technology Expo + Conference next week to hear Ted Ritter and Tom Pritscher’s session, “IFMA: Practical Management: End-to-End Transparency for Owners – Controls and Risk Mitigation During Construction Projects.”